The role of Government Accounting Section is to develop and advise on policy for accounting, financial management, internal audit and risk management for the central government area. Other functions include:- Role of the Accounting officer Department of finance Accounting officer information
- Liaise with the Committee of Public Accounts (PAC) on behalf of the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform with regard to the Minutes of the Minister for Finance and attendance of officers at the committee meetings.
- Consultation with the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General (C&AG) as required.
- Issuing of warrants with regard to the appointment of Accounting Officers – (Current List).
- Provision of advice and issue of Circulars to Departments and Offices concerning Government Accounting matters.
- Responsibility for the Public Financial Procedures book, ‘The Blue Book’.